Although this temple has yet to be built, it was the first temple commanded to be built in this dispensation.
This temple lot, located in Jackson County, Missouri, is the location of Adam-ondi-Aham, as revealed to the Prophet Joesph Smith. This temple site was dedicated in August, 1831, by Joseph Smith.
Due to persecution, the Latter-day Saints had to flee the area. Most of the property is now owned by the Community of Christ Church.